The iconic musical comedy Hairspray is headed by back on tour, with an unforgettable tale and enthralling music. Hear the show’s most famous songs, including “You Can’t Stop the Beat,” “Welcome To The 60s,” “The Nicest Kids in Town” and more.
The production will be touring the UK throughout summer 2018, with dates planned at Sands Centre, G Live, Bradford Alhambra, Theatre Royal Plymouth, Nottingham Theatre Royal, Bristol Hippodrome, Wolverhampton Grand, Edinburgh Playhouse and more.
The story follows Tracy Turnblad, a big girl with a big heart and big hair. Her dream is to make it onto national TV. Tracy becomes a local star after an audition, and she uses her fame to fight for her cause: equality. Along the way, she falls in love with heartthrob Link Larkin.
Hairspray’s cast includes:
- Rebecca Mendoza as Tracy Turnblad. Trained at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, Rebecca is making her professional debut in Hairspray.
- Edward Chitticks as Link Larkin. Edward trained at Laine Theatre Arts. His theatre credits include On the Town, Mamma Mia.
- Matt Rixon as Edna Turnblad. Matt received his training at Webber Douglas. His theatre credits include Cinderella, See How They Run, Casa Valentina, The Ladykilllers, The Governess, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, The Legend of King Arthur and more. He also appeared on the TV series Unique Species, Tarantino Connections and Henry VI part 3.
- Norman Pace as Wilbur Turnblad. Norman is best known for his part in the comedy duo Hale & Pace, which had a successful 7-year run at Woolwich’s Tramshed. He also appeared in the TV shows Coming Next and Pushing up Daisy’s. He has made several appearances on BBC shots as well as ITV sketch comedy shows. His other theatre credits include Much Ado About Nothing, A Slice of Saturday Night and Donkeys Years.
- Layton WIlliams as Seaweed. Layton’s career began at the age of 12 in the show Billy Elliot. The West Ender has also appeared in Thriller Live. His TV credits include the BBC Comedy show Bad Education.
- Brenda Edwards as Motormouth Maybelle. Brenda competed on X Factor in 2005, and was the last woman standing in the semi-final round. Her theatre credits include Chicago – The Musical, Carmen Jones, Brenda Edwards Gospel Christmas and We Will Rock You.
- Jon Tsouras as Corny Collins. Jon trained at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet in Canada. His theatre credits include Dirty Rotten Scoundrels; Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; The Lord of the Rings; My Fair Lady; Starlight Express; and Saturday Night Fever.